Thursday, January 2, 2014

Crochet Bears and Things

 Hugo has now finally had about 4 days of being temperature free. He was a sick little lad for 10 days and it feels as though we are only just starting to breathe again. So as I am sure you can imagine, Christmas and New Year's were very quiet. I am finding it heavenly to be on the other side of it all. Anyhoo, I saw that they have released the new cover of Simply Crochet uk, issue 14 and as I hinted a few times, I have a project in it. So here is a sneaky little peak. The brief was to design a vintage teddy bear. I thought I would go a little circusy with it. So here he is above (in a different wool) and below… 
I had such a lot of fun with it and the boys were very pleased as they both ended up with a new toy.
I've just finished reading 'Dreamquake' by Elizabeth Knox, the sequel to 'Dreamhunter' and am feeling glossily satisfied from having had such a great read. I love when an intricate plot is set up and then  manages to answer everything at the end. It is for teenagers (which never puts me off) but I have come away with so many thoughts to chew over which is always a wonderful result.
Now to choose the next one. Fortunately I have a pretty great pile at the moment. What are you reading at the moment for your summer/winter.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails