Monday, December 23, 2013

Books this Year.

 Here are the books that I picked up from the library today. A few to get me through the Christmas season! I thought that I would do a quick run over some of the books that I really enjoyed this year….
 And here they are:
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (hilarious and poignant)
Wool (the whole trilogy, Wool, Shift and Dust) by Hugh Howey (riveting)
The Signature of all Things by Elizabeth Gilbert (sublime)
Maddaddam by Margaret Atwood (the final of her trilogy(isn) which I loved).
The Enchanted Life of Adam Hope
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells
Sea Creatures
Bellman and Black by Diane Setterfield
Dreamhunter by Elizabeth Knox (I am gutted that dreamquake is out of the library)
Wake by Elizabeth Knox (gory but sooooo good)
How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny (possibly one of my all time favourite authors)
The new Bridget Jones book - I liked it.
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (I couldn't stop reading it, whether I liked it is another thing)
Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor (how dare she take 18 months between books)
Karen White (books by)
Carol Goodman (books by)
Wendy Webb (books by)
The House at the End of Hope Street ( I always like a bit of magical realism)
The Raven Boys series by Maggie Somethingorothermaybe-stiefvardt
Crochet at Play by Kat Goldin
There are so many other books that I have read and loved this year but these are the ones I remember for the moment. If any more spring to mind I will let you know.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails